The application process – from inquiry to acceptance – takes approximately 30-days, including the following steps:
- Schedule a 20-minute informal introduction call
- Submit an online application, including resume/CV and $75 fee
- 1-hour interview (if selected)
- Request recommendation forms from your references
- Request official transcripts be sent directly from your school
- Formal acceptance or decline
- Enrollment agreement and placement fee/deposit (due within 2-weeks of acceptance to hold your space)
Birth Institute operates on rolling admission, admitting qualified students on a first-come basis, up to 90-days prior to the start of the course/program. Final application deadlines for courses/programs are as follows (Please Note: most courses/programs fill 6-12 months prior to these dates).
Please download the Course Catalog for upcoming course dates.
Tuition & Fees
Please visit our Tuition and Fees page to learn more about program costs and payment options.
Holistic Midwifery & Doula Courses: 30 students per course
Experiential Learning Abroad Courses: 8 students per location
Facilitator Training Courses: 1 facilitator per location
Birth Institute does not offer employment assistance to graduates. We make no guarantee, expressed or implied, of future employment. Current law prohibits any school from guaranteeing job placement as an inducement to enroll students.
- High school diploma (or equivalent) with a 2.75 cumulative GPA
- Strong communication and critical thinking skills, maturity, and personal accountability
- Minimum of 3-months educational, volunteer or work experience in women’s health, maternal health, complementary and alternative health or related fields.
All students are recruited without discrimination with regard to sex, gender identity, race, color, marital status, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Please download the Course Catalog for a complete list of admissions requirements.